Thursday, July 15, 2010

Mina Harker's Blood Red Gown

Back view of bodice, it is NOT bright fuscia!
It is a deep red, hard to make it accurate on film.

Close-up of pinned front skirt

It's coming together!
The skirt is just pinned in this photo, and the sleeves are made from the lining only, but it gives a good idea of what it is going to look like.

Looking more and more like Mina

JULY 24th, 2010:
The bodice is together as is the lining! It's really starting to come together!

Since this is going to be a massive and elaborate project, I have decided to keep a blog about it as it comes along in process. This is a custom order I am doing for a client, and I will be adding photos from each stage of the gown to completion.

Here's the first stage!

100% Silk Taffeta all the way from India!
I have to admit I was a little skeptical when I saw such a small package for the
amount of fabric that I ordered! But, it was all there!

That is some serious packing!

Close-up of the Fabric

Laying things out to be sewn

This and then some came out of that flat little package!

Sunday, July 11, 2010

I am going to be adding photos of all of my projects as they are in progress to this blog.
Once they are completed, though, the gallery will be added to the main website.