Thursday, July 15, 2010

Mina Harker's Blood Red Gown


Back view of bodice, it is NOT bright fuscia!
It is a deep red, hard to make it accurate on film.


Close-up of pinned front skirt

It's coming together!
The skirt is just pinned in this photo, and the sleeves are made from the lining only, but it gives a good idea of what it is going to look like.

Looking more and more like Mina


JULY 24th, 2010:
The bodice is together as is the lining! It's really starting to come together!


Since this is going to be a massive and elaborate project, I have decided to keep a blog about it as it comes along in process. This is a custom order I am doing for a client, and I will be adding photos from each stage of the gown to completion.

Here's the first stage!

100% Silk Taffeta all the way from India!
I have to admit I was a little skeptical when I saw such a small package for the
amount of fabric that I ordered! But, it was all there!


That is some serious packing!


Close-up of the Fabric

Laying things out to be sewn

This and then some came out of that flat little package!

No comments:

Post a Comment